Friday, June 19, 2009

Sarasota to Houston


View Larger Map

Needless to say, it's been a long drive. Matt and I started out at 4:30am from his place on the 18th. Now we're at a Days Inn in Benson, AZ, resting up for the final leg of our journey to L.A.

Rather than trying to textually detail the trip from memory, let's follow along with the pictures! (click for larger view)

Photobucket
Matt at the wheel as we set off. He's been driving the whole 2,000 miles like a machine. I tell him to let me know when he wants to trade off, but he's been fine so far.

Photobucket
Aaaand, we're off!

Photobucket
Hey! Who's that dapper fellow?

Yeah, while Matt drives, I've taken on the roles of Navigator, Entertainment Technician, and Director of Photography... so basically I'm holding the map, the iPods, and taking pictures. I AM USEFUL.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
We drove through Lake City and Matt stopped by his parents' place. That pic is not Lake City, but imagine if you will, us driving through Florida until we arrived in...

Photobucket
My first time in this state, if I'm remembering right...

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Alabama had some pretty cool stuff, like this battleship

Photobucket
Hey look! Mobile!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Sweet tunnel in Mobile that I-10 goes through

Photobucket
Drove through a bit of Mississippi

Louisiana sign
Then came into Louisiana (missed the welcome sign)

Some Bridge 2Another Bridge 2
Which had some cool bridges over the wetlands

It's worth noting the ridiculous traffic jam in which we found ourselves. Middle of Louisiana, hot as blazes, and we're stuck moving at a snail's pace across an elevated interstate for an hour, with no shortage of terrible people. Ugh.

So that meant we were late getting to...
Photobucket
Texas! Also a first for me.

Beaumont Water Tower
Texan industrial thingy 1
a pretty cloud
So after Beaumont, some industrial places, and perhaps the afterlife, we found ourselves in good 'ol...

Houston
Houston. We met up with one of Matt's friends who lived there and stayed the night, but not before an awesome dinner at Chuy's (Mexican restaurant).

Check out the next post for Day 2!

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Architecture. Powered by Blogger